As a ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church since 1978, the school has had the privilege of serving Christian families from many churches. Currently, more than 85 different churches are represented in our community.
What We Believe
Westminster Christian School serves the children of believing parents. This leads Westminster to require that at least one parent (or guardian) is a Christian and is able to explain why and how Jesus Christ is his/her Lord and Savior.
A strong school/parent/teacher relationship built upon the key essential truths of the faith will provide unique strength and blessing for students. While there are differences among evangelical churches over details within the interpretation of doctrines, we believe there are essential beliefs that every believer in Jesus Christ must share. The following essentials of the faith must be affirmed and believed by Westminster Christian School parents and staff:
- God is Holy, pure, and perfect, yet also passionately pursues broken people to love them with a love they have not earned. He is the one true good Father.
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- All mankind is sinful because Adam, as mankind’s representative, fell from his original sinless state. As a result, we are born sinful and totally unable by our own efforts to escape the eternal judgment of death that every sinner deserves.
- All mankind is still made in the image of God, so we are noble, beautiful, and have worth, while at the same time we are broken in every aspect of our being.
- Since the Fall, God has been actively at work redeeming His creation. In the birth, life, death, and resurrection of his son, Jesus Christ, God has declared, secured, and continued the restoration of all things in His Kingdom.
- God, through His Holy Spirit, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, saves lost sinners through the atoning death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Justification (being made right with God) is by faith alone. Through this faith, the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God’s salvation is that we would be adopted as His children, set free, and empowered to a life of repentance, obedience, and reliance on the Holy Spirit who works to transform us and restore the image of God in us.
- Baptism is a sign of God’s covenant with His people. A covenant, most simply stated, is God’s commitment of promise and grace to His people that establishes a beneficial relationship involving both privileges received from God and obligations of devotion and obedience to Him inspired by our love for Him.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to restore all things and bring fulfillment to His Kingdom.
- The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ is to be shared with all people and all nations by all Christians.
- As Christians, we are not only to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength but also love our neighbor as ourselves. Thus, we are to care about and help those in physical, mental, social, and moral need.
Key Social Issues Within Our Culture – Our Belief
We believe every area of life must be evaluated and understood through the lens of Scripture as affirmed in our Statement of Faith. No cultural movement or societal standard can remove God’s authority or truth. There are key social issues that Westminster has taken a definitive stand and are non-negotiable based upon our understanding of what the Bible teaches. These include the following:
- Man is made in the image of God; defending and supporting the sanctity of human life, beginning at conception, is imperative. (Psalm 139)
- Marriage is to be defined as a bond between one man and one woman only. (Gen. 2:18-25)
- God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27) It is not acceptable to reject one’s biological sex as it is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
No faith statement or webpage can be an exhaustive summary of beliefs concerning contemporary social and church matters. At Westminster Christian School, we believe the Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind. We believe it is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Westminster Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Session (i.e. pastors and elders) of Westminster Presbyterian Church is Westminster Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Westminster Middle School presents My Son Pinocchio, Jr.! Performances are on April 28 at 7 p.m. and April 29 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. In Disney's My Son Pinocchio Jr., the classic tale of toymaker, Geppetto’s, little wooden puppet...Read More
Come hear our very own Jazz Express, Blues and Barbers, and Jazz Select groups sing at the the Conscious Cup in Crystal Lake! The price of admission is FREE!Read More
Westminster's Junior class is hosting the Junior-Senior Prom, Enchanted Forest at Boulder Ridge Country Club in Lake in the Hills, IL. It's sure to be a fun night!Read More
Calling all Westminster High School students! You are invited to Westminster's Annual Block Party! There will be Knockerball, Archery Tag, games, food, and a showing of The Incredibles. And guess what? It's FREE!Read More