Steps to Admission
Thank you for considering Westminster Christian School as your student’s next school home! Before you begin the application process, we recommend that you review the Admission Steps below. We look forward to getting to know your family.
The best way to learn about Westminster Christian School is to attend a Preview Night, another admissions sponsored activity, or by taking a tour. We also recommend having your student spend the day with us. See our Schedule a Visit page for a complete listing of opportunities.
Submit an application, either online or a paper application:
- Complete the Admission Application
- Complete the Student Information form (to be completed by students going into grades 6 through 12)
- Submit the Application Fee within one week of the application submission ($100 for preschool and $250 for kindergarten through grade 12)
It is important that Westminster has all of the necessary records to admit and enroll your student. Please send us:
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card
- Copies of IEPs and/or 504 Plans for students receiving special services
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate
Medical Records – dated within one year prior to the first day of school
Recommendations & Release of Records
We desire for Westminster Christian School to be a great fit for your student and your family. To help ensure this successful partnership, we require recommendations and up-to-date records. Please make sure the following forms are completed. Click on form titles to print a pdf.
- Complete and submit a Release of Records form to your student’s current school
- Entering grades 1 through 6 – submit the Teacher Recommendation form to your student’s current classroom teacher
- Entering grades 7 through 12 – submit the Language Arts Teacher Recommendation form to your student’s current Language Arts teacher
- Entering grades 7 through 12 – submit the Math Teacher Recommendation form to your student’s current Math teacher
- All students – submit a Pastor’s Reference form to your pastor or church leader
Each of the above forms should be mailed directly back to Westminster Christian School from those completing the form. The applicant should supply them a stamped envelope addressed to the Director of Admissions.
All Application forms can also be found on our Forms page.
The family interview process allows us to get to know you better and answer any questions you might have for us. There are two interviews to complete.
- Academic/Student Interest Interview (recommended) – This meeting, by phone or in person, is with the principal to help identify best academic fit, student interests, and provide information regarding co-curricular options.
- School Board Interview (required) – This interview is led by two school board members. They would like to hear at least one parent’s verbal account of their Christian testimony as this is a requirement for admission to Westminster Christian School. It is also a time to share your child’s academic and co-curricular interests, spiritual needs, and/or expectations for student life. Both parents (when applicable) are required to attend this interview.
Schedule a Placement Test
It is important that we serve your student’s academic needs excellently. In light of this, we ask that each student take an Entrance Placement Test.
- Students entering kindergarten through grade 5 will take a test to determine their level of readiness for the grade they are about to enter.
- Students entering grades 6 through 12 will take a test in both Language Arts and Math to determine appropriate academic placement.
The application file will be reviewed by the Admission Committee after all the above steps have been completed. Families will be notified by the Director of Admissions regarding the acceptance of your student.